building a server

Kevin Podbielniak myname at biznet.net
Thu Sep 26 09:17:42 EDT 2002

Hey gang,

I have finally worked out a deal with a couple companies in town to donate
the bandwidth and computer for 24x7 UT2k3 server.

Excuse the repeat questions, but I don't have access to my archive list of
UT2003 emails since I'm at work, and I really don't have access to search
sites since web surfing is monitored these days.  I am in the process of
ordering and building a dedicated UT2003 server that is going to sit on a
T1, which the only things on this T1 are going to be the UT2k3 server and
an email server.

The questions I have for you is, how many UT2k3 servers and players per
server could I be get on the  box/bandwidth without completely crippling
that T1.  The machine I am building is as follows:

Win2k Pro
AMD XP 2100+
512 megs PC2100
40 gig IDE drive
mobo with 333 mhz FSB

I will also be checking the forums when I get home this evening (around 7pm
EST :(  ).

Thanx for any info.