[ut2003io] GLX problem

Andrew Pilley ashridah at cyber.com.au
Fri Sep 20 01:51:51 EDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 05:10:16AM +0000, Omer Faruk Sen wrote:
> Hi.
> I have downloaded and tried to run UT2003 for Linux but I couldn't able to
> run it. I am having that errror:
>
> Couldn't set video mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

alrighty. chances are, you need to adjust some of your settings, or
install the nvidia binary drivers properly
check /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, and make sure
Load "glx"
is uncommented and present in the Modules section.
make sure glxinfo gives correct information out too: i've removed a bit
but here's some of my output:

server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.2

client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx version string: 1.2

OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce4 Ti 4400/AGP/3DNOW!
OpenGL version string: 1.3.1 NVIDIA 31.23

make sure those all look correct. otherwise you've got a library problem
and you need to consult the various howtos around and the nvidia README
to resolve your problem

Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley