GLX problem

Omer Faruk Sen ofsen at enderunix.org
Fri Sep 20 01:10:16 EDT 2002

Hi.
I have downloaded and tried to run UT2003 for Linux but I couldn't able to
run it. I am having that errror:

Couldn't set video mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

It is clear that there is something missing with my GL driver. First I have
downloaded Mesa drivers installed them but I think since UT2003 package
comes with its own OpenGLDrv.so it is not required but thought maybe it can
be useful but it hasn't solved the problem. My UT2003.log files is as
follows:

Log: Log file open, Fri Sep 20 08:03:48 2002
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Log: Your locale: [ISO-8859-15].

Init: Version: 1080 (120.28)
Init: Compiled: Sep 17 2002 02:01:29
Init: Command line:
Init: Base directory: /usr/local/games/ut2003_demo/System/
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Build label: UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2002-09-13_17.31]
Log: Bound to Engine.so
Log: Bound to Core.so
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Init: CPU Detected: Unknown processor (GenuineIntel)
Init: CPU Features: CMov FPU RDTSC PAE MMX SSE
Init: CPU Speed=1717.049480 MHz
Init: Unreal engine initialized
Log: Bound to SDLDrv.so
Init: Detected 0 joysticks
Init: SDLClient initialized.
Log: Bound to OpenGLDrv.so
Init: Initializing OpenGLDrv...
Log: binding libGL.so.1
Log: (Karma): Beginning Karma for game.
Log: (Karma): Creating MeAssetDB.
Log: (Karma): Loading: jugg.ka
Log: (Karma): Finished Creating MeAssetDB (2 Assets).
Log: LoadMap: Entry
Log: Bound to XGame.so
Log: Bound to IpDrv.so
Warning: Missing Texture Texture PlayerSkins.JuggFemaleABodyA
Log: Bound to Fire.so
Warning: Missing Class Class Editor.TransBuffer
Warning: Missing Texture Texture PlayerSkins.JuggFemaleABodyA
Warning: Missing Texture Texture PlayerSkins.JuggFemaleAHeadA
Warning: Missing Texture Texture PlayerSkins.JuggFemaleBBodyA
Warning: Missing Texture Texture PlayerSkins.JuggFemaleBHeadA
Log: Static mesh batches: 0 vertex bytes, 0 index bytes
Log: Game class is 'GameInfo'
Log: Level is Level Entry.myLevel
Log: Bringing Level Entry.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds:
16777852.762774...
ScriptLog: InitGame:
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is Entry.Mutator
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Log: 0 ANTIPORTALS
Log: Browse:
NvidiaLogo.ut2?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Gorge?team=255
Log: LoadMap:
NvidiaLogo.ut2?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Gorge?team=255
Log: (Karma): Initialising Karma for Level.
Log: Static mesh batches: 508608 vertex bytes, 110460 index bytes
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 15389->15350; refs: 149451
Log: Game class is 'CinematicGame'
Log: Level is Level NvidiaLogo.myLevel
Warning: Paths may not be valid.
Log: Bringing Level NvidiaLogo.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds:
16777856.641969...
ScriptLog: InitGame: ?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Gorge?team=255
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is NvidiaLogo.Mutator
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Log: 0 ANTIPORTALS
Log: Created and initialized a new SDL viewport.
Log: Bound to XInterface.so
Log: Bound to UWeb.so
Log: Bound to ALAudio.so
Init: ALAudio: no OpenAL devices found.
Error: Audio initialization failed.
ScriptLog: Team 255
ScriptLog: Login: Player
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: CinematicPlayer NvidiaLogo.CinematicPlayer
Log: CinematicPlayer got player SDLViewportInit: Input system initialized
for SDLViewport
Log: Enter SetRes: 800x600 Fullscreen 1
Log: OpenGL
Critical: Couldn't set video mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing USDLClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, Fri Sep 20 08:03:59 2002

My system is Celeron 1700 with 64MB Geforce MX400. I have changed
RenderDevice parametere in UT2003.ini file as Engine.NullRenderDevice I have
taken some sound and a black screen with no action. So what is the problem?

REGARDS

Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.EnderUNIX.ORG
Software Development Team @ Turkey