LAN only

Scott Ware wsware at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 18 13:16:17 EDT 2002

I usually run servers at LAN Parties and had a few questions about UT2003.

Question 1:

What is the proper way to set it up for LAN only Play?

Old UT:
--------------------------
[UTMenu.UTServerSetupPage]
bLanPlay=True

[IpServer.UdpServerUplink]
DoUpLink=False

New UT: ?
-------------------------
[xInterface.Tab_MultiplayerHostServerSettings]
bLanPlay=True

but I'm not sure how to turn off the UpLink..
I tried:
   [Engine.GameEngine]
   ;ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
to turn off the Uplink, but then I could not use Qstat to query the server
which I use to list all the games on a web page.

Question 2:

it looks like UT2003 server is using UT2003.ini and User.ini, I hope this is
not true because with the old UT I would use a lot of different ini files:
-------
~/.loki/ut/System> ls
ut-ctf.ini              ut-excessive.ini        ut-1v1.ini
ut-fragball.ini         ut-dm-fatboy.ini        ut-ra.ini
ut-dom.ini
-------

Question 3:

Are there any web pages yet for UT2003 server setup?

Thanks,
Scott (FreeBeak)
Charlotte, NC
http://www.NetworkInvasion.com