[ut2003io] problems

Andrew Pilley ashridah at cyber.com.au
Mon Sep 16 20:22:06 EDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 11:38:10PM +0100, Tanis wrote:
> Despite my best efforts I cannot get this admin interface to run. The server
> runs fine but the interface will not come up. I have copied the Default.ini
> file to one onf my own (tanis.ini) and added the ini=tanis.ini to my startup
> line, but I get nothing. Is there someone out there that has gotten theirs
> working that they could show in an email so I can check that I haven't
> missed editing something somewhere, please? This is driving me mad!!!

hmm. are you already running a webserver on that machine?
iirc, the web interface defaults to port 80 or something, which may already
be taken by apache or, if you're not using root to start the server
(and i REALLY REALLY don't recommend doing so) it won't be permitted
to open the port.

check the output of
netstat --inet -nap, and look for lines in the LISTEN state.
lines like:

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8080            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN                   497/ucc-bin

will be the webserving process, the port in this case is 8080.
it defaults to port 80 however. add
ListenPort=8080
onto the server start command line (changing the number to be above
1024 if you're not root) and if you're wanting to use the standard
http port, use the redirector script, or just have a page with a simple
html redirector that changes you from http://utserver.com/server/
to http://utserver.com:8080/

(check the archives for this list, there's been an example of the
html needed to do this.)

Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley