[ut2003io] Music and Benchmarks

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Sat Sep 14 13:38:20 EDT 2002

> If nothing else, I noticed that setting it to 0 will turn off the music
> when the audio mode is changed. Speaking of which, is there any real
> difference between the audio mode choices in Linux (Software 3D Audio,
> Hardware 3D Audio, and Hardware 3D Audio + EAX)? I don't know of any
> Linux sound drivers that actually support EAX, for example. I have a
> SoundBlaster Audigy and am using the latest driver release from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1 Creative has been talking about
> releasing official drivers forever, but I don't know if I'll live long
> enough to see it. Switching audio modes didn't seem to make any
> difference in the botmatch benchmarks.

The Menus are in UnrealScript, and it would cause network
incompatibility to change them for Linux; the software/EAX/etc settings
are ignored on Linux, though.

> That does the trick! The only caveat with the way I hacked the batch
> file (I actually saved my modified version as botmatch-citadel.sh) is
> that it has to be run from the Benchmarks directory from wherever the
> demo is installed. I could hardcode the directory names, but then it
> wouldn't work if someone installed in a different directory.

(If you haven't already) put a bugzilla entry in place for this, and
I'll make some benchmarking scripts that respect the install dir when I
get time.

--ryan.