[ut2003io] linux trouble

David Hedbor david at hedbor.org
Mon Oct 28 22:54:23 EST 2002

Carlos Jorge AR Pacheco <shovit at netcabo.pt> writes:

> Hi Michael ,
>
> all i can tell you about the problem i have and the error messages is
> the following :

This is because Mandrake strips their libpthread.so which 1) breaks
backtraces, 2) makes it impossible to debug threaded applications
under Mandrake. I have tried reporting this blatant bug to them with
no reponse so far (I should note that I was the one who got them to
fix it in the first place, quite some time ago).

> Backtrace:
> [ 1]  /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0 [0x40d70e55]
> Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
> Aborting.

To get a correct backtrace, download
http://david.hedbor.org/tmp/libs.tgz, unpack and do:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<pathtolibs>/libs/

before running UT. You will then get a valid backtrace.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
"A radioactive cat has eighteen half-lives."