[ut2003io] Debian Unstable Segfault Workaround

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Sat Oct 26 15:22:32 EDT 2002

Moin,

On Samstag Oktober 26 2002 19:35, Jeff wrote:
> Okay, worked around the debian unstable glibc segfualt problem with some
> help
>
> Go here:
> http://icculus.org/loki_setup/
>
> [great howto snipped]
>
> then finally run the ut2003lnx-2126-x86/update.sh
>
> At least it worked for me. There might be a much easier way to get
> around it.  Maybe a glibc-2.3 installer would be a good idea, but I'm
> not sure how easy it would be to put together.

Thanks for going through all this, worked for me after I found out that
loki_setupdb had a stupid configure script that did not tell me about a
missing xml-config (only had libxml2 installed) but instead spit out cryptic
errors.

There should be a glibc detection in front of update.sh, I think there was
something like this before (for glibc 2.1 vs. 2.2) but I'm not sure.

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn at gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein