[ut2003io] Downloading Maps

Spadge Fromley spadge at fromley.net
Fri Oct 18 20:42:28 EDT 2002

At 20:31 18/10/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I was trying to connect to a server that was playing a crazy map that I
>didn't have, and when it was done downloading it gave me an error when
>trying to move the map. Do I have to give my non-root user write access to
>the maps directory, or is there a safer way to fix this?

I'd definitely give the UT gaming account write-access to the UT gaming
folder.  I don't know if that's where the problem lies, but I would bet
that if it isn't, then it will cause some other problem down the line.

I don't want to *Imagine* what would happen if you tried to run the update
script ;-)

--
Spadge Fromley
'Intocabile'