[ut2003io] Throw weapon

Jeff Woods klaatu at fnordco.com
Thu Oct 17 04:51:32 EDT 2002

Andrew Pilley wrote:
> what if you threw it to a teammate, and continued to throw them
> to the same teammate? you could easily create a case where
> someone can endlessly fire the biorifle at a particular doorway
> or something. not really what people have in mind with
> team-based planning, although the link-gun allows for such
> tactics for short-term periods.

In the three years I've played UT, I have never seen anyone do something like that, and that says a lot, given gamers' ability to find and use any exploit that gives any practical advantage.

And "no throw" certainly shouldn't apply to Deathmatch.

Opinions aside, the point is it's not a bug, it's a feature, and it's not likely to change. So be it.