[ut2003io] optimized openal.so = more speed

Steffen Klemer masterofheap at gmx.net
Thu Oct 10 07:44:48 EDT 2002

Am 2002.10.09 18:38 schrieb(en) Carsten Weinhold:
   > Hi folks!
   >
   >   > audio config (32 channels)                | FPS | improvement
   > original openal.so using OSS emulation    | 50  | 0%
   > optimized openal.so using OSS emulation   | 53  | 6%
   > optimized openal.so Alsa                  | 58  | 16%
   > no sound at all                           | 64  | 28%

Has sb. tried this with optimized libsdl, libzlib and libvorbis?
Perhaps a performance gain of nearly 50% is possible-or?
<dreammode>Would Ryan/Epic provide athlon-optimized opengl
rederer-libs?</dreammode>
I know there are that many cpus, but how long does it take to compile an
unsupported OpenGLDrv.so and SDLDrv.so ;-)

I really have probs to get a playable framerate with a little bit nice
looking display on my TB 800 with a GF2 MX (the first one).
The Direct 3D renderer in Windows is much faster :-(

cu
/Steffen

--
  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |       The final delusion is the