[ut2003io] timedemo fps & Console Commands?

Peter Bruley pbruley at highstream.net
Wed Oct 9 23:02:57 EDT 2002

David Hedbor wrote:

>Peter Bruley <pbruley at highstream.net> writes:
>
>>Ouch
>>
>>I though the game was playing rough ......... I am only getting 15-30
>>fps at 640x480dpi.
>>

>Well, 640x480 dpi (dots per inch fyi) is heck of a high resolution. I
>mean, must be at least 6400x4800 pixels on a _small_ screen (sorry I
>had to!)
>
>Seriously though, I don't know if your numbers are normal but make
>sure that AGP is enabled (and that UT finds it). If not, it'll be slow

cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status

Driver:          NVIDIA
AGP Rate:        4x
Fast Writes:     Enabled
SBA:             Disabled

>However I do think your system, like mine, is really too slow for
>optimal performance in UT2k3.

I just tried the DEMO on my Athlon 1333Mhz 266FSB, 512MB-DDR, Nvidia
32MB-GeForce2-GTS

I get about 40-50fps at 640x480 smoother (but a little jumpy still)

Maybe a new video card is needed ? As the GeForce2-GTS is almost 2years old.

--
Peter
http://tkvoice.netfirms.com/