[ut2003io] streamlining downloads from mirrors

Kevin Podbielniak myname at biznet.net
Mon Oct 7 17:02:04 EDT 2002

If I understand this correctly, the mirror locations rotate in the list
once they've been selected.

For example, when the patch comes out, and you have list of 3 mirrors the
backend, transparet to the web monkey, will look like this:

Site 1
Site 2
Site 3

The first person who hits your webpage, will get the file from Site 1, then
the list (behind the scenes) looks like this:

Site 2
Site 3
Site 1

The second person to hit your site it will get the file from Site 2, and
the list changes to:

Site 3
Site 1
Site 2