Unknown ping request...buh?

Warren Woodward warrenw at xmission.com
Mon Oct 7 12:14:04 EDT 2002

Briefly mentioned a problem yesterday that has me a bit stumped.  Since
opening a second server on the same dedicated machine, the original server
on port 7777 has stopped showing up on the master servers.  This morning I
restarted both the servers after patching, and noticed this error in the
console:

Sending GameSpy heartbeat: \heartbeat\7787\gamename\ut2
MasterServerUplink: Connection to ut2003master1.epicgames.com established.
Master server requests heartbeat 0 with code 30428
Master server requests heartbeat 1 with code 30428
Master server requests heartbeat 2 with code 30428
Unknown ping request command: 116
Master server assigned our MatchID: 69445
Unknown ping request command: 116
Sending GameSpy heartbeat: \heartbeat\7787\gamename\ut2
Unknown ping request command: 111
Unknown ping request command: 111
Sending GameSpy heartbeat: \heartbeat\7787\gamename\ut2
Unknown ping request command: 116
Sending GameSpy heartbeat: \heartbeat\7787\gamename\ut2
Unknown ping request command: 116
Unknown ping request command: 116
Unknown ping request command: 116

I can only assume this is the source of the problem.  Again, I have no
issues with the other server.  Outside running on a different port, and
some minor gamestyle settings, the configs are identical between the two
servers.  More importantly, this was functioning perfectly before I added
the additional server.  I didn't touch a thing that I can remember.

So, what is this sudden "Unknown ping request", and is this source my
problem?  There are no such errors in the console of the functioning
server after the heartbeat.

Thanks guys.

 --
warren woodward