[ut2003io] No Readme dialog box

Leith leith at qasr.mine.nu
Tue Oct 1 22:29:48 EDT 2002

Ryan,

Thanks for your reply. I do have write access, i was installing to
~/UT2003. I tried unchecking the symlink box as well as putting a valid
entry for where I might like a symlink. Interestingly if I uncheck the
symlink box, then check it again, I get this error in the console:

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkEntry'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkentry.c: line 490 (gtk_entry_get_text):
assertion `entry != NULL' failed.

I do have adequate free space, and the instller reports it accuratley
(10583MB).

If I unset the DISPLAY env variable, I get this.

leith at qasr:/mnt/cdrom$ ./linux_installer.sh
Copying to a temporary location...
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Unreal Tournament 2003 for GNU/Linux
No UI drivers available
----====== Unreal Tournament 2003 installation program ======----

You are running a x86 machine with glibc-2.1
Hit Control-C anytime to cancel this installation program.

There is then no response to anything typed into the console, so I
Ctrl-C, and it quits gracefully. Still no install though =)

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Leith