[ut2003io] Mods in Linux

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Tue Nov 19 13:14:49 EST 2002

Michiel El Muerte Hendriks wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 11:53:34AM -0600, Matthew Arnold wrote:
>
> >Ryan (or anyone else for that matter),
> >
> >Will any of the mods that are in development for UT2K3 work
> >automagically with the Linux version or will they have to be ported
> >or designed from the ground-up with Linux in mind?
>
> All mods written for UT2003 will work on all systems that can run
> UT2003, unless a mod uses native code (which isn't possible yet).

Excellent! If I wasn't going to be able to play that Troopers mod, I was
going to have to cry :)

Is there an easier-to-use mechanism for installing mods than the one in
UT? The umod business worked great in Windows, but seemed to be hacked
together in Linux.

I'm playing through the single-player again with some visual tweaks and
on an easier skill level. I must say that I'm enjoying the violence
tremendously. It's about the only bona fide catharsis I have these days.

Matt