[ut2003io] another packages.md5 question

Michiel El Muerte Hendriks elmuerte at el-muerte.student.utwente.nl
Tue Nov 12 12:28:06 EST 2002

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 06:18:51PM +0100, Bernd Meier wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm sorry for asking a stupid question, but I was two weeks away und I'm now
> trying to run the server update from 2126 to 2136 and I'm getting the
> following error message (see below). Due to pc cleanup activities of my wife I
> can't access the previous mails on this list about the packages.md5 problem :-)
>
> Any tips for me?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Bernd

looks like you have updated your packages.md5 file once (or the master
server did it for you), nothing serious since this file is automatically
fixed when the server launches and accesses the master server.

Ryan: I don't think it's wise to provide packages.md5 as a delta in the
patch since it needs to be updated when you install extra server
packages. The change that the packages.md5 has changed since the last
version is just to big.

Michiel "El Muerte" Hendriks            elmuerte at drunksnipers.com
TDS - Internet Services                 http://www.drunksnipers.com