[ut2003io] Filtering not working

[Apoc]Death death at apoc.org
Tue Dec 31 15:26:25 EST 2002

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Peter Kemmerer wrote:

> I know it's a simple thing, but sometimes it's the simple things that
> matter.  Are you hitting 'Refresh List' after setting the filter?
> 'Re-Ping Servers' won't do it - it has to be 'Refresh List'.

I knew that, and I'm pretty sure I have been.  Certainly something I'll
make sure to remind myself of next time though, in case I'm just
being dumb.  It hasn't been a guarantee that the filters malfunction...
Some servers just seem to slip through some of the filters and
show up anyway.  Depends on the filter, too...  Gamespeed filter seemed to
work well, as did passwd protected servers, but translocator disabled
(and weaponstay, though I'm less sure on this one) seemed to not filter
all servers of those sorts out...  Again, don't take what I say as even
remotely reliable, as I have had zero time to really do any kind of real
analysis of this one...  These are just quick things I've noticed while
sneaking in a quick game before heading back to work (will it ever
end???).

Rob

[Apoc]Death (AKA Rob Gutermuth)    death at apoc.org
Clan Apoc Server Administrator     http://www.apoc.org