NQX

Joseph Carter knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Mon Jul 1 06:21:07 EDT 2002

I figured I should say something about the NQX tree I just committed, in
case anyone happens to want to know what it is and what it's for.

Basically, it's a playground.  We can't really do much with Twilight that
doesn't fit into the scope of Quake because we can't afford to break
backward compatibility or introduce something which qualifies as a cheat
in some mods or whatever.  NQX is a place we can do these things without
worrying about what impact this will have on Quake - in fact, it'll
probably be the case that NQX won't be able to even load Quake .pak files
in a few days or so.

I also plan to port the thing to C++ since we'll be using that for
Neither, but for the time being I wanted to just get the tree into a
committable state.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at bluecherry.net>     I N33D MY G4M3Z, D00D!!!!111!!
                                                      (Just ... don't ask)

<xinkeT> "Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot
         change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom
         to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they
         pissed me off."