[ssam] Serious Sam Firsts - Install problem

Andreas "Cyberfrag" Fischer cyberfrag at gmx.net
Sat Mar 15 19:47:53 EST 2003

Am Son, 2003-03-16 um 00.09 schrieb Matrix:
> Hello,

Hi

> I have a brand new Serious Same First Encounter right out of the box,
> and put it in my CDROM.   Mounted the CDROM, and I can view all files.
> Executed the "./ssam-tfe-lnx-beta.1a.run" file and the graphical windows
> popped up to set the paths and such.  I click on "Begin Install" and a
> window pops up saying mount CDROM, while that was showing I went into
> the CDROM and looked to see if it was mounted and it is, and I can view
> all files, so I flipped back to the pop up window and hit the "Retry"
> button, it is just pops back up with the message saying mount the
> CDROM.grrrrr.  Please help :-)

Yeah, I had exactly the same Problem.
The Problem is: the Loki Installer seems not to recognize devices
mounted with supermount.

So, the solution is:
edit /etc/fstab as root with your favourite ASCII-Editor
Comment out the line that says something like
"none /mnt/cdrom supermount
dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0
0" (Comments are a '#' at the beginning of the line)
Add a new line like
"/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto users,ro,noauto 0 0"
Save, exit and mount the cdrom manually (e.g. "mount /mnt/cdrom")
That worked for me. Of course supermount is deactivated then, so you
have to mount cdroms manually. Uncomment the supermount line and remove
the added line to get supermount back working.

Enter "man mount" or "man fstab" at the console to get more info about
the /etc/fstab file.

Hope that helped,
Greetings
cyberfrag