Problem building using MMX under mingw

Matthew Bentley moc.pophot at
Fri Aug 18 09:33:44 EDT 2006

Hi all-
I'm currently working on SMPEG, putting a bunch of optimizations into the
code- two questions:
1. How do I submit (potential) new versions of .cpp & .h to the CVS, and 2.,
I'm 'make'ing under msys, mingw, and the asm code gives me back a bunch of
errors if I try to include MMX code - here's the error:
"/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile gcc  -DUSE_MMX -c -o mmxflags_asm.lo
`test -f '
video/mmxflags_asm.S' || echo './'`video/mmxflags_asm.S
 gcc -DUSE_MMX -c video/mmxflags_asm.S  -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC -o

video/mmxflags_asm.S: Assembler messages:
video/mmxflags_asm.S:7: Warning: .type pseudo-op used outside of .def/.endef
video/mmxflags_asm.S:7: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized
 is `c'
video/mmxflags_asm.S:49: Warning: .size pseudo-op used outside of
.def/.endef ig
video/mmxflags_asm.S:49: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized
r is `c'
make: *** [mmxflags_asm.lo] Error 1"

Now I'm pretty new to make etc- but I've hunted the internet up and down,
and the best page I could come up with was this: :and it doesn't
tell me how to fix the errors in the more recent code, only the old stuff
(which, by the way, won't compile either): I'm using the latest CVS code-
have also tried .44- any help you
could give would be much appreciated-