[smpeg] Smpeg 0.4.4 no longer works with SDL...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Mar 31 09:42:36 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 08:32, Dominique Louis wrote:
> Actully with SDL 1.2.7, basic mpeg movie play back does not work for me
> either. I get audio but no video. With SDL 1.2.4 ( and I am told 1.2.6 )
>   both audio and video worked fine.
>
> On the 3D side of things, what is my best bet if I want to be able to
> play an mpeg movie on an OpenGL texture then? Can you or anyone else
> provide any links to a non-YUV smpeg/OpenGL demo?

I don't have a link, but you can render to an RGB software surface
offscreen, and then use glTexImage2D/glTexSubImage2D to put it on a
quad. Please note that older hardware has limits on the size of a
texture (256x256 on a Voodoo3...modern hardware has an insane upper
limit, though), and that your movie needs to be in power-of-two
dimensions.

Render-to-texture is another option.

--ryan.