[smpeg] Newbie

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Thu Feb 12 12:34:20 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 04:39:29PM -0500, Manuel Arguelles wrote:
> Thanx a lot for your help...
>
> I just download a couple of mpeg1 videos, but I can't play them on
> glmovie, however they work fine with plaympeg... the screen just goes
> black, I think it's playing it because the time of the clip is the same
> than the time the screen keeps black, will it
>
> could somebody tell me a place to download a little mpeg1 video to  test it?

You already have mpeg1 videos. The glmovie-not-working thing is the
same problem as the dri-not-working thing. smpeg is working fine, but
you don't have openGL set up on your box. There are many many places
out there to help you with setting up OpenGL, notably nvidia's website
if you have an nvidia card, or dri.sf.net if you have an ATI or
anything else.

Gary (-;