[smpeg] CVS Current also Leaking

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sat Jan 18 17:49:27 EST 2003

> I have a bad feeling I might be talking to myself here.  However, I
> tried running the same looping test on the latest CVS version of
> plaympeg, and came across the same memory leak.  Can someone point me in
> the correct direction as to where there are likely places in this code
> that could be leaking.  My problem is that I am going to be using this
> for a Kiosk like device, and any leak would cause crashing.

I couldn't say what is leaking exactly (if I knew, I'd fix it.  :)  ), but
you should try valgrind if you're feeling brave. Otherwise, I'll try to
hunt it down if there's time during LinuxWorld (since I'll be on the
showfloor with a laptop and hopefully some time to do development work).
Don't let me stop you from finding it yourself, though.  :)

--ryan.