[smpeg] Sim City 3000 Black screen

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Sat Mar 2 12:49:02 EST 2002

Chunky Kibbles <chunky at icculus.org> wrote:

 > When you load Sim City 3000, there's an intro movie, except that a
 > lot of people see it as just a black screen.

I don't have Sim City 3000, but I know there have been trouble with MPEG
movies going black in other games. Apparently the problem was related to
the XVideo extension. If this is what's biting you, it may help to set
the SDL_VIDEO_YUV_HWACCEL environment variable to 0.

I was under the impression that this had been fixed in later versions of
SDL, though, so I'm not sure why you would be seeing it in the
dynamically linked version...

Torbjörn Andersson