[smpeg] supporting smpeg...

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Fri Feb 8 06:14:47 EST 2002

I've only used the sound parts of SMPEG, and I'm writing this from a
computer that doesn't have SMPEG installed, so I'm not really qualified
to answer, but I can try... :-)

Dominique Louis wrote:

 > - Will smpeg support changing volume on the particular OS that it is
 > running on?

You can set the volume of an individual SMPEG instance with
SMPEG_setvolume(), if that's what you mean. I doubt there is any way for
SMPEG to manipulate the actual system mixer settings, though I guess SDL
may be able to.

 > - When playing an MPEG file, how do I find out where the current
 > position being displayed is so I can implement a frame by frame
 > viewing system and also a progress bar?

Doesn't the included "gtv" application do these things? SMPEG_getinfo()
should be able to tell you the current frame, and other things besides that.

 > - Will smpeg support DivX format in the future?

I have no idea. As far as I know there hasn't been much new development
of SMPEG for quite some time now, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

 > - Is there any documentation/tutorials anywhere that are similar to
 > the SDL documentation?

The only documentation/tutorials I'm aware of is the smpeg.h header file
and the included plaympeg, gtv and glmovie examples.

Torbjörn Andersson