[sdlsound] SDL_sound Framework

Andreas Umbach umbach at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 13:39:46 EST 2012

Heya,

I finally found some time to play with XCode 4, and much to my surprise
Spotlight found ˜/Library/Frameworks/SDL_sound.framework on my drive
(don't ask me how it got there).

Apparently it's identical to the one available from

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/SDL_sound_CoreAudio/documents/tag/SDL_sound.framework

Acoording to the headers it's based on SDL_sound-1.0.1, but I'm not sure
what modules are enabled (haven't checked yet).

Does anybody have a working SDL_sound framework for 1.0.3 with mikmod
(and maybe ogg & smpeg) support? Ideally I'd like to support 10.4 up on
both PowerPC and Intel architectures.

How does SDL_sound/SDL compare to the alternatives (CoreAudio / OpenAL /
???) on each platform at the moment? Is it still worse persuing or would
you just recommend I rewrite the SDL_sound relying code?

Thanks in advance for any information and opinions on the matter.

- Andreas