[sdlsound] How do I get SDL_sound include and library path to make

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Fri Jan 19 22:32:08 EST 2007

> What parameter do I need to put in the CPPFLAGS and
> LIBS to allow the configuration script to know where
> SDL_sound is, in the same way it knows where SDL is?

I think we always assumed that SDL and SDL_sound would be installed the
same way...if it used to be installed in /usr instead of /usr/local,
it's probably because it was installed via a system package manager.

If you install SDL from source and SDL_sound from source, by default,
they both go in /usr/local, and package managers put them both in /usr.
I guess I'm saying: don't mix and match.

Although we should probably have an sdlsound-config script like SDL has,
but I think those things are a pain in the butt, so I never did one.

--ryan.