How do I get SDL_sound include and library path to make

Kevin Nowaczyk beakerboy99 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 11:58:49 EST 2007

It's been quite a few years since last using C++ and
I'm starting to resurect an old project of mine.

When I last installed SDL_sound, the SDL_sound.h file
was placed in /usr/include/SDL and the library was in
/usr/lib.  My configure.in script containes the lines:
SDL_VERSION=1.2.0
AM_PATH_SDL($SDL_VERSION,
            :,
            AC_MSG_ERROR([*** SDL version $SDL_VERSION
not found!])
)
CPPFLAGS="$CFLAGS $SDL_CFLAGS"
LIBS="$LIBS $SDL_LIBS"

so this worked fine because SDL and SDL_sound were
both in the same place.

Now I've compiled SDL_sound from scratch and run make
install and the files have been placed in
/usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib.

I know I could manually move the files, or configure
SDL_sound's make command to place the files in
/usr/include, but I wouldn't expect all users of my
software to do this.

What parameter do I need to put in the CPPFLAGS and
LIBS to allow the configuration script to know where
SDL_sound is, in the same way it knows where SDL is?

Thanks for your help,
Kevin Nowaczyk