[sdlsound] OSX Woes (svn)

E. Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 05:21:30 EDT 2005

Hi Ryan,
I found a few minor compile issues in the extra_rwops files from the
Subversion head. There was a missing semi-colon in the header, and
there were calls to free_pooled_rwops and alloc_pooled_rwops which
don't exist. I presumed the functions were renamed to other functions
in the file, so I made those changes. I then had to move those
functions up because they were used before declared. I later realized
they were API functions and could have just added a #include
"extra_rwops.h". Oh well. Things seem to compile now.

Anyway, the diff is attached.

Would this be a good time to request the 1.1 release as we had
discussed before things really get rolling for 2.0?


On 7/3/05, Ryan C. Gordon <icculus at clutteredmind.org> wrote:
> > At this point I'm satisfied that I've exausted all the alternative
> > compilation methods I spoke of involving gcc, and OSX's libtool (both
> > -static and -dynamic). It's quitely likely that there's some way, out
> > there, that I don't know of. If anybody has any hints, or things that
> > they think might be helpful to try, please let me know.
> The problem with libtool and autoconf is that everyone complains if you
> don't use them, but really, I've spent way more time fighting all those
> cryptic problems you've experienced than I had spent time writing
> Makefiles for obscure platforms.
> As far as Subversion goes, the trunk isn't necessarily stable or
> compilable right now: check this out instead:
>    svn://svn.icculus.org/SDL_sound/branches/stable-1.0/
> ...however, I think the autoconf/libtool junk is broken on OSX there,
> too. I haven't been able to figure out why yet.
> --ryan.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: SDL_sound_svndiff
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 2602 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://icculus.org/pipermail/sdlsound/attachments/20050704/3c70c7ea/attachment.obj>

More information about the sdlsound mailing list