[sdlsound] OSX Woes (svn)

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sun Jul 3 16:07:03 EDT 2005

> At this point I'm satisfied that I've exausted all the alternative
> compilation methods I spoke of involving gcc, and OSX's libtool (both
> -static and -dynamic). It's quitely likely that there's some way, out
> there, that I don't know of. If anybody has any hints, or things that
> they think might be helpful to try, please let me know.

The problem with libtool and autoconf is that everyone complains if you
don't use them, but really, I've spent way more time fighting all those
cryptic problems you've experienced than I had spent time writing
Makefiles for obscure platforms.

As far as Subversion goes, the trunk isn't necessarily stable or
compilable right now: check this out instead:

   svn://svn.icculus.org/SDL_sound/branches/stable-1.0/

...however, I think the autoconf/libtool junk is broken on OSX there,
too. I haven't been able to figure out why yet.

--ryan.