[sdlsound] Flac problem on X86

Tyler Montbriand tsm at accesscomm.ca
Mon Jul 28 17:20:35 EDT 2003

On Sunday 27 July 2003 06:39 pm, Josh M. Nutzman wrote:
> The example playfile program will play a flac file on my MacOS X box,
> but won't on my linux/x86 box. It just plays garbage on the linux box.
>
> Flac is installed and working - I have played flac files from xmms.
>
> Anybody know what is wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Josh
Flac may be available on your system, but that doesn't mean SDL_sound KNOWS it
is...  it could be interpreting it as raw.  Try 'playsound --decoders' to see
if FLAC is really supported.

Did you install SDL_sound from source, or just install a binary?  And if you
installed from source, was FLAC-devel available?

Lastly, what version of FLAC do you have installed?  I seem to recall some
trouble with FLAC constantly breaking it's interface between versions;
SDL_sound might need the latest version.