[sdlsound] SMPEG

Ted Kulp wishy at comcast.net
Mon Jan 20 13:11:01 EST 2003

Doh!  Oh well, I spent the weekend ripping out the libao stuff and using
SDL only.

This actually wasn't a big deal to do, until I got to the ogg stuff.
SMPEG sends a full buffer worth of data, but libvorbis does not.  It took
me most of the weekend to figure out how to split the decoded data up into
chunks that would fit perfectly into the *stream buffer.  Once I got it
working, it was fine, but I still could have avoided the problem.

Oh well, I learned a little about the internals of SDL and SDL_sound in
the process, so all was not lost. :)

Thanks again,
Ted