SMPEG

Ted Kulp wishy at comcast.net
Fri Jan 17 14:09:22 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't find any mailing
list archives on the net to try and at least search for the answer myself.

I'm using SDL_sound in a ogg/mp3 player application.  It runs the ogg
files fine no matter what.  However, I have a problem with mp3 playback.

If I enable SMPEG, I get no sound.  Nada.  It's filling the buffer with
data, because I have my counter working from the size of the data in the
buffer, and it's full everytime.  If I disable SMPEG, everytime I play a
file with id3v2 tags, I get garbage and it just moves on to the next song.

Is this a known problem, or am I doing something wrong?  I would rather
not have to force the users of my app to kill all of their id3v2 tags (me
included), so hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks,
Ted

Ted Kulp
wishy at comcast.net