[sdlsound] Re: oh, btw...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed May 22 05:16:11 EDT 2002

> I did experience some crashes when interrupting playsound, so there
> may be some memory corruption in there as well.

Every now and then, playsound will hang (and need a kill -9 to get rid of
it) when I try to stop it with CTRL-C. It's not a new problem, but I
haven't tried to reproduce it in a debugger yet. Probably has something to
do with synchronization between the audio callback and the main thread.
It's possible that this is the cause of your crash, but it could also be
the altcvt routines. I'll run the program through ElectricFence at some
point to check for buffer overruns and such.

As for the rest of the patches, I'm checking them into CVS now; thanks!

--ryan.