oh, btw...

torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Tue May 21 03:58:40 EDT 2002

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> playsound's audio conversion code is broken unless you specify all three
> attributes: --rate, --channels, and --format.

Broken in what way? I didn't notice any problems with it when I tried it
yesterday night. Where or where did I go right?!

The alternative audio converter is, as you say, pretty broken at the moment.
It looks to me as if its Sound_BuildAudioCVT() expects that src_format and
dst_format describes how the audio should be converted, not what the audio
format actually is.

If so, the only way it could ever set up the correct set of filters is
through sheer, dumb luck.

I tried fixing it but ran into crashes and out of time. Maybe I'll try
again tonight.

Torbjörn
--
TietoEnator Resource Management AB