[sdlsound] libFLAC 1.0.3

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Thu Jul 11 00:23:37 EDT 2002

> Or should we drop support for older versions and just tell people to
> install the latest?

It's getting to the point where we should, honestly. I hate when people
break backwards compatibility then go out of their way to make it hard for
you to determine what version of the library you've got.

Ultimately, I didn't make a change to configure.in for the FLAC patches.
We check in flac.c for a #define that showed up in 1.0.3 instead.

There's a #define, FLAC__VERSION_STRING, that should be useful, but it's
defined as VERSION in the FLAC headers...which means it'll will be
whatever SDL_sound is (autoconf defines VERSION, so when we include the
flac headers, that macro comes up as "0.1.5").

Obnoxious.

At any rate, the latest from CVS works correctly for me; I tried FLAC
1.0.0 (no seek, old symbols), 1.0.2 (seek, old symbols), and 1.0.3 (seek,
new symbols).

Speaking of versions, we're got a LOT of fixes and enhancements since
SDL_sound 0.1.5 was released...should we do a 0.1.6 release before we
start doing final cleanups for a 1.0 release?

--ryan.