[sdlsound] hello. problems with initialization

Corona688 tsm at accesscomm.ca
Wed Dec 4 19:10:27 EST 2002

The first problem is with the Timidity MIDI decoder.  It expects a
timidity.cfg file in the directory of execution;  this specifies what MIDI
patch sets to load, and where to load them from.  You can get the .cfg
file and MIDI patch set here(Warning, 14MB download):
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/timidity/timidity.tar.gz

Or if you don't want MIDI support, you can save yourself the trouble of
lugging around a 17MB MIDI patchset by simply not enabling Timidity during
a recompile ( get the compiler to not define the SOUND_SUPPORTS_MIDI
symbol  )

vano wrote:

> First of all i want to kinda introduce myself. My name is Ivan.
> I'm not a hardcore C programmer, as a matter of fact i'm in high
> school. so expect dumb questions from me :)
> Anyway when i do Sound_Init(); sdl (not sdl_sound) gives me the
> following error: Couldn't open \TIMIDITY\timidity.cfg . i've tried to
> trace where the program is looking for the file using filemon,
> but don't see a reference to it anywhere. Ideas?

This part, I don't know.  :(