Autoconf working yet?

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Fri Sep 28 02:44:27 EDT 2001

 > Normally, libtoolize should do that, in the bootstrap script. And in
 > fact it does for me.

Not for me:

    $ libtoolize --automake --copy --force --dry-run
    rm -f config.guess
    cp -f /usr/share/libtool/config.guess config.guess
    rm -f config.sub
    cp -f /usr/share/libtool/config.sub config.sub
    rm -f ltmain.sh
    cp -f /usr/share/libtool/ltmain.sh ltmain.sh

Hmm... If I read the documentation right, ltconfig has been obsoleted in
  recent versions of libtool anyway: "The tests that `ltconfig' used to
perform are now kept in `libtool.m4' where they can be written using
Autoconf." I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but if I rip out
all of the libtool stuff from acinclude.m4 and replace it with just

    include(`libtool.m4')

it works. For me, that is. I don't know if this is the *right' way of
doing it.

Torbjörn Andersson