"make package"?

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Thu Oct 11 02:30:05 EDT 2001

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

 > There was a patch?
 >
 > I don't remember there being a patch...I thought it was just
 > discussed. Maybe I'm confused.

Well, it wasn't tested but it should work. (Famous last words.) It was
in the "Sample properties in playsound..." thread. You looked at it and
pointed out my error in the MOD part of the patch. :-)

For TiMidity, the idea was to replace

     /* TiMidity does all the conversions we need. */
memcpy(&sample->actual, &sample->desired, sizeof (Sound_AudioInfo));

with something like

     /*
      * TiMidity does all the conversions we need. Use the desired format
      * when available, otherwise pick a sensible default.
      */
if (sample->desired.format == 0)
{
     sample->actual.channels = 2;
     sample->actual.rate = 44100;
     sample->actual.format = AUDIO_S16SYS;
else
     memcpy(&sample->actual, &sample->desired, sizeof (Sound_AudioInfo));

Torbjörn Andersson