Prototype "pipe data through external process" decoder

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Wed Oct 3 02:48:06 EDT 2001

Here is the decoder for piping MIDI files through an external TiMidity
process that I spoke of the other day. As Ryan said then it should be
rewritten into something more generic, but since I'm out of ideas for
how to improve it I might as well submit as proof-of-concept now.

Even as a MIDI decoder it leaves some things to be desired, but
considering how little I know of interprocess communication I'm
pleasantly surprised I got it to work even this well. (I knew that UNIX
programming book would come in handy some day...)

Torbjörn Andersson