Problems with mpeg format support

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Mon Nov 5 14:44:38 EST 2001

> i have configured SDL_sound with:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-smpeg
> --with-smpeg-prefix=/mnt/Download/SDL/smpeg-0.4.3/ --with-gnu-ld
>
> and when i compile the code and compile the playsound test, it won't
> play mp3
>  files saying that codec is unsupported. What do I do?

--with-smpeg-prefix should be where SMPEG is installed, not where the
source is located. Build SMPEG, and do a make install.

SDL_sound should find SMPEG if it's installed in the default place (maybe
it should find it anyhow?). Unless it's in a really esoteric location, you
shouldn't need to specify --with-smpeg-prefix at all.

Then again, I've never tried. Let me know if that helps.

--ryan.