[referencer] Can plugins access tags and notes fields?

Douglas Rees vialick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:52:29 EST 2013

Hi,

I've been using referencer for all of a day, and I'm quite impressed (I
especially like the ease of DOI lookup, once you get past the
registration hurdle [is it possible to have a link in the dialog box, or
selectable text?])

I'm only an amateur pythoner, but I'd like to write a plugin that would
generate an annotated biography (current idea is to generate a LaTeX
file with a full citation of each selected reference followed by some
notes), possibly separating it into several sections.

For this to work I'd need to be able to access the notes field of the
reference, but I can't seem to find a way of doing it (there is no
get_notes() function, but is there some other function that could return
the notes?), and I'm similarly unsure about whether plugins can access tags.

This way I'd be able to keep my references and notes together, and
easily be able to generate something extra to show my supervisor that
I'm actually doing something (well, there are several extra possibilities).

Cheers,

-Doug