[referencer] Upcoming new Referencer release

António Lima amrlima at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 11:02:56 EST 2013

Hi,

Mads, thank you for your great work and effort on keeping up referencer
development!

I've built referencer and it's working nicely :).

After many months where other priorities kept me away from contributing to
referencer I'm going to slowly contribute with some code to referencer in
my free time . I really think it's an application worth developing.

I've already done some work in a simple wish-list bug where I'm going to
comment on.

Cheers,
António Lima

2012/11/23 Mads Chr. Olesen <mads at mchro.dk>

> Allright, I just released version 1.2.0
>
> It can be downloaded from
> https://launchpad.net/referencer/1./1.2.0/+download/referencer-1.2.0.tar.gz
>
> ons, 31 10 2012 kl. 13:56 +1100, skrev Mads Chr. Olesen:
> > in the past few weeks I have been using Referencer extensively, so I
> > have in that process fixed a number of issues:
> >  * Ported completely to GIO (one minor regression outstanding)
> >  * Removed dependency on gnome-vfsmm and libgnomeuimm
> >  * Changed plugin metadata mechanism to have dynamic priorities to
> > allow
> > plugins to signal "how well it is able to fetch metadata for this
> > document"
> >  * Imported ISI Web of Knowledge metadata plugin from Debian package,
> > updated this to new web service API
> >  * Added DBLP metadata plugin
> >  * Added Google books plugin from this mailing list
> >  * Fixed up some regressions in the GUI due to new GTK version
> >
> > All my changes are in
> > https://code.launchpad.net/~referencer-devs/referencer/trunk
> >
> > I have a few more changes I would like to get in.
> >
> > I intend to do a new release of Referencer in a week or so. If you
> > could
> > help test the current code in trunk that would be really great :-)

->>>>António Lima<<<<-