[referencer] Libglade to GtkBuilder and GnomeVfs to Gio ports

António Lima amrlima at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 11:14:06 EST 2011

Hi!

Good to see the list is alive! :)

Sáb, 2011-02-19 às 14:43 -0700, Simon Heath escreveu:
> Hi!
> Not sure if anyone's done active development on Referencer since the
> maintainer stopped maintaining.  However I've considered working on
> some cleanup and feature-adding for Referencer, and would be
> interested to see your changes.

Well since I've some under the hood changes to the code (although
feature wise it's the application works exactly the same) I've set up a
git repository at gitourios.

http://gitorious.org/referencer-revive

There are files that shouldn't be there, because I messed up a little in
the beginning. First time setting up a new repo. But I think the build
is not broken. You will need a fairly recent version of gtkmm and
glibmm. To port from gnome-vfs to Gio is not ready although there are
lots of commits of that.

> Unfortunately I'm not very familiar
> with the gtk ecosystem so I was mainly thinking of hacking around
> trying to fix details rather than doing architectural changes.  Still,
> one can always learn.

Well, that was also my goal at first. But once I installed referencer I
noticed it pulled deprecated libraries that are not used by most
applications shipped by modern distributions. I thought I should start
by bringing referencer to the present before doing anything else. But of
course there are things that can be improved and features added anyway.

Speaking for myself I would love to have a more experienced developer
working on this. Someone with more knowledge of Gtk/Gtkmmm would be
awesome :).

Cheers,
António Lima