[referencer] ISI plugin v0.0.2

Michael Banck mbanck at gmx.net
Thu Sep 4 14:28:52 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:25:18AM -0500, Yoav Avitzour wrote:
> Well, I have no idea if he is still reading emails sent to this list. I
> can try to contact him directly if he doesn't respond to this in a few
> days.
>
> I don't understand too much about this, so do you need copyright, license
> or both? Could you specify exactly what is needed?

Well, not sure what John prefers; after all, the isi-plugin is not
usable for a lot of people, so he might prefer to not ship it by
default.  (btw, maybe the "Info" text should mention this, so people
know what's up)

I think it would be nice to have though, and would like to include it
into the Debian/Ubuntu packages.

The copyright is pretty clear, it's copyrighted 2008 (or maybe 2007
still for Mario) by Mario Castro and you.

However, the license is not specified right now, which means it's "All
Rights Reserved" and not Free Software at all.  I suggest contacting
Mario and asking him to clarify on the license, my suggestion would be
to have the same license as Referencer itself, i.e. GPLv2only, unless
John has a different opinion on this.

cheers,

Michael