[referencer] Re: Referencer in Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid)?

Aurélien Naldi aurelien.naldi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 11:14:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 3:43 PM, John Spray <jcspray at icculus.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 16:23 +0200, Shane Denson wrote:
>> I'm quite interested in trying out Referencer, hoping it will help me
>> get organized so I can finish up my dissertation. I'm currently using
>> Ubuntu Intrepid (beta), but I only see packages for Hardy at getdeb.
>> Could you tell me if these will work for me?
>
> Doesn't seem to, since libpoppler-glib2 has been replaced with
> libpoppler-glib3 in the hardy->intrepid transition.  getdeb will
> probably build an intrepid package at the first referencer release after
> intrepid is released.
>
> Alternatively, this would be a good opportunity to test the build on a
> fresh intrepid system: get the source package, and do
>
> sudo apt-get install build-essential libpoppler-glib-dev libgtkmm-2.4-dev libgnomeuimm-2.6-dev libgnome-vfsmm-2.6-dev libglademm-2.4-dev libgconfmm-2.6-dev libboost-dev intltool python-dev gnome-icon-theme librsvg2-common libgnomevfs2-extra libboost-regex-dev gnome-common automake

Hi,

I can confirm that the getdeb package doesn't work on intrepid.
I just built a x86 package for intrepid (my AMD64 install is still
running hardy), which you can grab here:
http://crfb.univ-mrs.fr/~naldi/referencer_1.1.5-0_i386.deb
(I've been procrastinating learning proper packaging for month, I'll
put it on PPA if I ever take the time to learn how to use it...)

it builds fine on intrepid, making your own package is pretty easy
thanx to apt-get source:

* get and extract referencer source
* install some helper tools: apt-get install dpkg-dev fakeroot
* get the source of the current debian package: apt-get source referencer
* get build-depends: the command bellow or: apt-get build-dep referencer
* copy the "debian" directory of the debian source package into the
latest version
* update debian/changelog to get proper version number
* fakeroot debian/rules binary

Best regards

--
Aurélien Naldi