Referencer in Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid)?

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Thu Oct 23 10:43:52 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 16:23 +0200, Shane Denson wrote:
> I'm quite interested in trying out Referencer, hoping it will help me
> get organized so I can finish up my dissertation. I'm currently using
> Ubuntu Intrepid (beta), but I only see packages for Hardy at getdeb.
> Could you tell me if these will work for me?

Doesn't seem to, since libpoppler-glib2 has been replaced with
libpoppler-glib3 in the hardy->intrepid transition.  getdeb will
probably build an intrepid package at the first referencer release after
intrepid is released.

Alternatively, this would be a good opportunity to test the build on a
fresh intrepid system: get the source package, and do

sudo apt-get install build-essential libpoppler-glib-dev libgtkmm-2.4-dev libgnomeuimm-2.6-dev libgnome-vfsmm-2.6-dev libglademm-2.4-dev libgconfmm-2.6-dev libboost-dev intltool python-dev gnome-icon-theme librsvg2-common libgnomevfs2-extra libboost-regex-dev gnome-common automake

before a ./configure && make

John