More options to Referencer

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Sat Feb 23 05:01:31 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 14:43 +0200, Sami Airaksinen wrote:
> Also are you familiar with ADS bibtex system?
> http://www.adsabs.harvard.edu/

Actually I wrote a plugin for this a little while ago.  Stick the
attached into ~/.referencer/plugins if you want to try it.

> They use this abbreviations for journals like example \aap for
> "Astronomy & Astrophysics". (To use these it needs aas_macros package or
> aastex documentclass in latex) It would be nice also that you could
> include extra option that convert automatically \aj to "Astronomical
> Journal"
>
> (see more in http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs_doc/aas_macros.html )

Hmm.  It could be useful for people importing their old bibtex to be
able to expand these out: writing a plugin to do that would be simple.

> Also there is "bug", when I paste from ADS the BIBTEX format reference
> to referencer \aap turn into åp (I have skandinavian keyboard so its
> suppose to be a letter a with o above it, in case of you see something
> different). Could it be related to some kind of Latex property, there
> \aap or \a{a}p creates åp?

\aa is å in latex.  \aap would give you a compile error in latex, unless
\aap was previously defined as a macro.  Since the bibtex import doesn't
know about any macros it's doing its best to interpret it based on what
it does know.  It would be preferable in this case if libbibutils passed
the symbol through unchanged when it doesn't understand it, I will bug
the author.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/referencer/+bug/194670

John