[referencer] ISI plugin and "export selected"

Charlotte Curtis c.f.curtis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 09:34:31 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Yoav Avitzour <yoav at physics.utexas.edu> wrote:
<snip>
> I implemented a
> small dialog that lets the user choose between the entries that were found
> and then adds the metadata from the selected entry. The revised plugin is
> attached below. This is a first working version, and though it seems to work
> on specific examples, I'm sure it has problems, so please let me know and
> I'll do my best fix them.

That sounds like a really good solution, I'll try and test it out in a
couple of days (although I'm sure John will get to it first).

> And now for something completely different - I would find it very useful to
> have an option to "export selected documents" as a separate bib file (it is
> convenient, especially when collaborating with other people, to have a bib
> file with only the entries relevant to a specific paper rather than all 500
> documents I have in my archive). It seems that it could be achieved very
> easily with a plugin, but I'm not really sure what is the interface to
> export documents into a bibtex file.

This actually already exists - just select the documents you'd like to
export, then go to Library->"Export Bibtex", and at the bottom of the
dialogue you'll see a combobox called "Selection" where you can choose
to export all documents or just the selection.  I usually filter the
view and then select all and then do this export.

Cheers,

Charlotte